I’ve been eyeing McCall’s Pattern M7626 for a while now. View D just kept grabbing my eye. I found this fabric on clearance at Joann Fabrics and I thought they were a match made in heaven.
I assembled the whole thing but came to the conclusion that I just don’t love the elephant style pants. They aren’t flattering on me, and I was becoming convinced that if I finished these overalls as they were designed I wouldn’t like them and I wouldn’t wear them. So, I grabbed the seam ripper and tore apart the entire bottom. I loved the way M7547 fit through the legs so I grabbed that pattern, laid it on top of my already cut leg pieces and trimmed away.
I added three inches to the bottom since my experience with M7547 taught me 1 inch wasn’t nearly enough but I ended up trimming it all away in the end because M7626 doesn’t need it. I do wish I’d added an inch to the band around the waist or just took smaller seam allowances. This fits like a glove and I wish I had a tiny bit more room.
This was a fun but challenging make. I kept putting it off because I was afraid it would be a total fail. I wasn’t thrilled to rip apart the entire bottom to properly cut it down, but it was more than worth it.
Beautiful fitting job! I’m still learning, but I’ve come to the conclusion…that it’s all in the math! Your numbers are spot on…in the end! ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person
It takes sooooo much patience. I’m learning to slow down and fit properly.