Skip to content

Kentucky Derby Week 29

IMG_5406

My MOPS group decided to do a Kentucky Derby themed tea party for the end of year meeting.  I happened to be making this dress and felt it was perfect for the occasion.  I also took a piece of pink scrap and whipped up a shrug to go with it.  AND I glued some flowers and feathers to this hat to create an ostentatious hat for the occasion.

IMG_5507

The final look with hat!

The pattern was easy enough to follow but my choice of fabric proved problematic.  The rayon print has stretch and I really didn’t realize it, so this dress is a one and done.  I wore it to my MOPS event and will never again.  It stretched as I made it and more so as I wore it.  I would like to retry the pattern with a sturdier fabric because I think it’s a great dress.  This fabric was originally planned for a flowy kimono style garment, but I pivoted it to this dress much to my disappointment.

Overall, it was a huge learning experience and some of them are that and not much more.

IMG_5342IMG_5376IMG_5386

2 Comments Post a comment
  1. Great that you tried something new! Also great that you LEARNED something new! Good for you!!! ❤
    You looks awesome in the dress, by the way!!! 😉

    Liked by 1 person

    May 4, 2018

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: