Upon returning from Minnesota I addressed the pile of previously cut out projects.  One of them was this bodysuit.  I’m actually very bummed that not only did I not finish this project sooner that I didn’t decide to make a bodysuit over a year ago.  I’ve bought a couple and they don’t fit that well.  The one I made fits like a glove.  I added an inch to the body and the sleeves.  It’s so comfortable and it was my first attempt to add snaps with a tool and it worked perfectly.

I had originally mistaken the grain on this fabric and cut everything out on the stretch instead of the grain.  That realization came after I cut everything out and my frustration with myself over this mistake is what derailed me from continuing the project until now. The mistake seemed to have had no impact on the finished product since there was so much stretch in both directions.

IMG_1739 2IMG_1761 3IMG_1812 4IMG_1822 4IMG_1823 3

My project is the sleeves of View D and the body of View B.

Written by sewsanityblog

I'm a mom to five, a wife to one and love sewing. I learned when I was a little girl but returned to it in full force in the last couple of years. The process of creating things keeps me sane. I set a lofty goal for myself, one project a week for a year. I'm four months in and it's awesome. I'm amazed at how much I've learned and improved. Set a goal to learn something new and devote weekly time to it. You will be amazed at the results.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s