I’m trying to finish up my summer sewing before summer is over. I know at some point I’ll have to pivot to sewing for the fall and winter but for now I’m squeezing in some fun tops. I picked up this fabric in Minnesota and I started the project there but wasn’t able to finish the last details until now.
In the early fitting stages I discovered I wasn’t happy with the direction the shirt was taking. I loved constructing the pattern and I loved the way the bust area fit but the section under the bust hadn’t required interfacing and I didn’t love how flimsy it seemed in comparison to the bust area. I added interfacing after the construction and although it isn’t tucked into the seams, it seemed to do the trick.
Other than adding interfacing to the midsection area I didn’t find any other problems with the pattern. The pattern itself isn’t set up with views but rather is set up in a “build your own” design set up. There are several combinations and design features that you can combine in any way to achieve your unique vision.